Thursday, January 7, 2010

Old Rock Day

I really do love this holiday because there are so many great crafts and projects you can do with rocks and pebbles, and if you find them, chances are they're old!


Personalized river rock paperweightsA rock project I recently did over the holidays was this one from Sunset - it turned out great!  I gifted the rock, turned personalized paper weight, with a note pad monogrammed with the recipient's initial, very cute!





Kids also LOVE painting on rocks, trust me I used to be a preschool teacher!  The options are endless when it comes to painting them and you can also stack the rocks for 3-demensional creatures - think frog, mouse, turtle, shark, lady bug, and the list goes on and on.  Tempera and acrylic paints work well on rocks, just make sure you wash them first, especially the old rocks!


If crafting isn't calling out to you check this out from ehow on how to give a hot rock massage.  This looks like my kind of massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment