Tuesday, January 12, 2010

National Marzipan Day




The Magical World of Marzipan
It is an incredible item in the pastry world indeed - I am always so amazed how real looking the treats are made out of marzipan, and their tiny size...a real wonder to me!
When I think of marzipan I always think of the fruit and animal decorations you see in bakery shops but I didn't know it was so commonly used to ice cakes too.  Marzipan is basically made up of just sugar and almond meal and must be have at least 25% almond or else it is considered almond paste.  Unfortunately tonight I will not have time to create my own marzipan but I am tempted to buy some to enjoy from MarzipanWorld.com.  I'm not sure of their reputation but I love the name of their website - it really gives you a great visual of a crazy world made up of marzipan - CRAZY!  They also sell an exciting book called "Marzipan Magic" - love it!
I hope you have some time to enjoy some fun and delicious Marzipan today.

No comments:

Post a Comment