Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy National Spaghetti Day!


Nothing says 
"crowd pleaser" 
like spaghetti!



There are so many things I love about spaghetti but I have to say the thing I like best is it's versatility!  It's the perfect thickness, a great length, tastes awesome with meats, seafood, and veggies, and the sauces, I could go on all day with the options.
 
So, let's get right into my favorite spaghetti recipes:

  • The classic - Tomato and meat based with some basil and topped with parmesan.  Yes, it's good, but if you doubt me the name of the recipe is Grandma Shannon's Amazing Spaghetti Sauce, and the recipe is over 90 years old.
  • Spaghetti Salad - Great for picnics, showers, work-event potlucks.
  • Spaghetti by the Sea - This is a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis with shrimp and clams in a white wine sauce...yum!
  • My personal favorite - Spaghetti Pie - Yes, we will be enjoying this tonight to celebrate!

Spaghetti Pie Photo
Don't feel like cooking?  Maybe you've got an Old Spaghetti Factory nearby for someone else to provide the dirty work for you.

You can also get really creative with spaghetti and the little ones.


And don't forget when Halloween rolls around to boil some up and have it in a bowl outside your front door with a sign that says "brains" for kids to feel and get grossed out.  See, versatile I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment