Tuesday, January 5, 2010

National Bird Day






Ok, so I'm not much of a bird lady but this happend to be what I thought was the best of the holidays to celebrate on January 5th.  That said, after doing some research on the holiday I found some pretty cool things and thought of some great ways to celebrate the day.

There is a NationalBirdDay.com that has some extremely facinating information whether or not you're a bird person.  And I would especially recommend showing children this page as it reminds us to treat our wildlife with respect and to take the time to appreciate native birds.  There is also a really fun activity page!

Now I don't want to force anyone to love birds so if you are one of those that fears birds today might be a good day to share some funny stories of bird mishaps!


Out of respect for the bird, on the menu tonight is seafood!  One of birds' favorite foods.  I've provided two of my favorite seafood recipes that are easy to make for a good weeknight meal:
Seafood Arrabbiata - Delicious explosion of shellfish with linguine and a spicy tomatoe based sauce.
Fish Tacos - This fish tacos are so delicious made with talapia and you'll love the cabbage slaw that goes with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment