Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Bean Day!


Yep it's Bean Day!  The first bean that comes to my mind is a jelly bean...mmm...I love jelly beans, specifically Juicy Pear flavored Jelly Bellies, my mouth is watering thinking about them.  Probably not the "bean" that the originator of Bean Day had in mind but I couldn't find the originator to know exactly what they had in mind so I had to give some love to the Jelly Bean!

So, the real beans (black, pinto, kidney, refried, baked) really aren't my thing so I'm not going to give you a great recipe with beans because 1.) I probably don't have one; 2.) I may have one but I've never tried to know if it's any good and I really wouldn't want to give a recipe I couldn't back!

What I can back and how I will celebrate this holiday (along with my jelly beans of course) is by donating a few cans of beans to my local food bank.  FeedingAmerica.org is a great place to find your local food bank where food donations are accepted.

How will you celebrate Bean Day?  I'm sure there are plenty of bean lovers out there - if you have a great recipe please share!

1 comment:

  1. Very Fun! Love the concept. Who couldn't use a reason to celebrate every day? Can't wait to read the latest celebrations.

    ReplyDelete