Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Bloody Mary Day!

Mmmm...Nothing says "Happy New Year!" like a Bloody Mary!


I happen to be a HUGE Bloody Mary fan, only second to the Margarita (hope the Marg has it's own holiday too!).  This holiday got me thinking why I love Bloody Mary's so much and all of the delicious Mary's I've had in the past.  What I love about this drink is it's delicious taste but it's truly the most functional drink out there.  It's refreshing, provides a shot of vitamins, clears your foggy head and the more you tell yourself all of these amazing benefits from the Bloody Mary the more fabulous this drink becomes!

For six great Bloody Mary recipes check out this slideshow from Food and Wine.

We're going to celebrate this holiday with a Bloody Mary bar with all of the fixings for our friends and family to enjoy!  To spice it up this year I found a great idea to make your ice cubes out of your bloody mary mix then pour your vodka on top.


Yes, today is a day of new beginnings, resolution making, and football watching, but please don't let the day pass without a Bloody Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment