Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Choo Choo!

Happy 97th Birthday to Grand Central Station in New York!
Two very obvious things come to mind when I thing about this day - Trains and NYC.  Well, actually 3, now I want to go on vacation!



So, with that in mind here are some quick travel tips.

When looking for plane tickets always check out Kayak.  I could fly from LAX to JFK this Friday and return Monday on Delta, Virgin or United for $207 (hmmm, would they really miss me in the Desert this weekend for Super Bowl?).  I know what you're thinking...you probably have 5 stops, leave at 5:45am and get in at 2:10am.  No, not true, these are non-stop flights leaving at all times of the day!  So, check it out next time you fly.  It does not check Southwest or JetBlue though so don't forget to check them out too.

Speaking of travel deals, I love BudgetTravel.  It is a very user friendly website that is updated constantly so I haven't found any prices not current.  I really like the "Leaving From" tab, so I can chose Los Angeles and see that I can get Kauai, 5nights/air/car for $621 if I book by March 10th!  I can hear the waves crashing now...


No comments:

Post a Comment